St Michael’s School provides supportive environment for children and staff which promotes ‘healthy eating’ both whilst at School and when on excursions. The School recognises that whilst children are on Excursions, there are major issues of children travelling for long periods of time and also sleeping on overnight excursions.
The School’s ‘No Junk Food’ Policy addresses these two issues and aims to:
- Increase the awareness of the importance of not providing ‘junk food’ on excursions so that children’s behaviour, sleep patterns and travel sickness are not affected negatively.
- Encourage parents and carers to provide students with healthy alternatives for recess, lunch and snack breaks.
- Promote healthy eating at the School’s Tuckshop by providing healthy alternatives for recess and lunch including fruit, vegetables and water.
- Promote healthy choice snacking through our Sip and Crunch School Policy.
The school will ensure that:
- Tuckshop will provide healthy menu for parents and children to choose from.
- All Excursion notes remind parents and carers of our ‘No Junk Food On Excursion Policy’ so that children’s behaviour, sleep patterns and travel sickness are not affected negatively.
- Encourage parents, carers and their children to respect and fully support this policy.
- Parents & Carers’ Responsibility
- Fully support the School in the implementation of this policy for the good of all concerned in the management of the excursion.